Your health records
You have a legal right to request sight and a copy of your personal information under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR).
You can download an application form here. The form includes guidance on the SAR process.
For further information please contact John Hughes - Information Governance on 020 3513 6184 or email: John.Hughes@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk
You can also write to:
Information Governance Manager
South West London & St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
Springfield University Hospital
61 Glenburnie Road
London SW17 7DJ
We have produced a leaflet explaining why we need to record your information, how it is stored and whom we might share it with.
You can also request a printed copy by contacting our Communications Team
The Kingston Care Record
The Kingston Care Record is a confidential electronic record of your health and social care information if you live in Kingston or have a Kingston GP. It is stored on a secure computer system. This means that your doctor, nurse or social worker will be able to offer you the best possible care and support quickly and safely. Having your health and social care information in one safe place will benefit you in several ways:
- You will receive the best possible care, support and treatment more quickly;
- You won’t be asked the same questions over and over again or have to keep repeating your medical or social care history;
- Doctors, nurses and social workers will be able to work better together and make the best decisions with you through access to the right information when they need it;
- You won’t need to have unnecessary appointments or tests;
- It will reduce the chances of errors being made and so will be safer for you
The Kingston Care Record is confidential and secure. Only doctors, nurses and social workers involved in your care and support will be able to see your record when you say they can, or in an emergency. If you don’t want your record to be seen at any time, all you have to do is say so. The choice is yours.