We know you expect a lot more from your career than a salary (though we know that's also important).
We value your expertise and the important work you do so in addition to the opportunities to develop your skills in specialist areas or leadership roles, you will also have access to a variety of excellent benefits including:
Pay, pensions and leave
- Pay - Most NHS salaries are determined by Agenda for Change bands and these can be found on the Department of Health website. For Agenda for Change bands visit the Department of Health website or visit NHS Employerswebsite.
- Generous pension - All contracted NHS staff can become members of the NHS pension scheme. This excellent package of pension benefits is fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
- Leave - Depending on your length of service you could receive up to 33 days of annual leave and eight days public holiday as well as the chance to apply for special leave and career breaks. We also provide you with support to undertake volunteering activities.
- NHS discount schemes - As an employee of the Trust you will have access to discounts of up to 10 per cent from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Cycle to work/Bike loan - You can benefit from tax-free Cycle to Work Scheme which means you can get a bike for use mainly for travel to and from work. We also have shower facilities and lockers available.
- Childcare vouchers - If you meet the relevant criteria, childcare vouchers are available through payroll as part of a salary sacrifice scheme. We also offer an extensive childminding network and links with local childcare providers and holiday activity camps such as Barracuda's who offer discounts for NHS staff.
- Season ticket loan - All staff are eligible to apply for an interest free season ticket loan up to the value of £10,000.
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £1/day or £12/month.
- Car lease scheme - Permanent staff can take advantage of our car lease scheme. You can choose any car that is available in the UK, subject to Trust approval.
- Staff restaurants - With staff restaurants at both Springfield Hospital and Tolworth Hospital we also operate a virtual deli for those who are short on time and want to avoid the queues. We also have many vending machines offering a range of sandwiches, crisps, confectionery and Costa Coffee.
- Work life balance - Flexible working We recognise the importance of helping you manage your work life balance and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Eye examinations - Staff who use a computer on a regular basis as an essential part of their work are entitled to a refund for the cost of an eye test. Where staff members require glasses or contact lenses for screen-based work the Trust will also refund the cost of standard glasses with basic lenses, up to a maximum of £55. Discounts are offered at Spec Savers and Vision Express.
- Looking after your health - We offer lots of support for staff to help you look after your health, ranging from support for staff who want to stop smoking and free annual flu vaccinations to discounts at local leisure centres and discounted membership at the gyms at St George's Hospital, Fitness First and Tolworth Recreation Centre.
- Free gym membership - In addition to discounted membership at a number of local leisure centres and gyms, staff can access the gyms at Tolworth hospital and Springfiled Hospital for free.
- Learning and Development - We invest heavily in your learning and development. In 2014/15, we commissioned a total of 11008 CPD and professional development places for staff. Our 2014 Staff Survey results showed that 84% of staff reported receiving job-relevant training, learning or development in the last 12 months, placing the Trust in the top 20% of mental health trusts for this key finding.
- Career progression - There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes.
- Work opportunities - We offer a number of varied and challenging work opportunities, as well as secondments, mentoring schemes and work shadowing programmes
We currently have keyworker housing available at both Springfield Hospital and Tolworth Hospital and NHS clinical staff may qualify for the Key Workers Living programme, which can help you with buying an affordable home.
Please visit direct.gov website for more information.
This support is avalaible for 24 hours a day and includes advice on:
- debt and financial management
- legal and tax advice
- family care
- everyday matters
- emotional support
This service is there to help you and shows how much we truly value your contribution to our team.
There are also social clubs which you can join, including the Trust running club - which celebrated its fifth anniversary this week (Tuesday 13 September). Although members have changed over this time, there is still a hard-core of members who joined at the inception and still turnout regularly to run for an hour on a Tuesday evening. pdf Find out more about the running club (174 KB) .