Applying for a job here
All our vacancies are advertised in current vacancies on our site and at NHS Jobs.
We do not accept CVs for the majority of vacancies, so it is vital that you fill in the online form correctly: it is the only document we have to help us decide whether or not to invite you to interview.
Sometimes we restrict vacancies to internal staff only, but this will be shown on the advert.
Top tips for filling out your application
- Read the instructions in the advertisement and application form very carefully and make sure that you complete all the sections of the application form. The information you give in the 'application for employment' section will be used to decide if you should be shortlisted for interview.
- if you have any questions about the role that are not answered by the job description, please get in touch with the named contact in the vacancy advert for an informal discussion..
- It is really important that you read the job description and person specification throughly before you apply for any position. You need to be able to prove that you meet the requirements of the role you are applying for and your application should show how you meet each of the criteria listed as essential for the role.
- Tailor your application to the role: don’t just add your CV to the supporting statement section. The 'supporting information' section is your opportunity to sell yourself; use it to your advantage. You can include any information here that has not been covered elsewhere on the form.
- Make sure your personal information is up to date and make sure you explain any gaps in your work or educational history.
- When you have completed your form, make sure you read it throught for any errors or omissions before you send it: you cannot make any changes once you have submitted your application.
- Check the closing date of the vacancy.
- Don’t forget to check your NHS Jobs’ account: check your emails and NHS Jobs’ account regularly as this is the way we will contact you with updates on your application.