Mental Health Month
1 in 4 people will suffer from a mental health problem at some point in their life. We should not be afraid to “talk about it".
Every year the Trust celebrates World Mental Health Day to demonstrate our support for challenging stigma South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust (SWLSTG) and celebrate October Mental Health Month with events across our sites to raise awareness of mental health and to stamp out stigma across south west London.
We are also running our popular digital photography competition - #upliftingimage - where local schools, youth organisations, staff and members of the public can send in an image that makes them smile and uplifts their mood. The theme this year is ‘mental health through your lens’ with the aim of promoting positive mental health.The closing date for entries is 10 October and more details are available here. Prizes will be available for the best entries.
We have over 50 events across south west London throughout October, including:
- Celebrating Black History Month with poetry, music and storytelling in our Springfield University Hospital and Tolworth Hospital canteen
- Annual Trust staff football competition on 6 October at Wimbledon
- World Mental Health Day: students and members of the community and will transform the Recovery College with a ‘Butterflies and Banner’ creative art session at the Recovery College on 10 October
- 'Seriously Funny' A Comedy Night Fundraiser for the Trust Charity on 19 October. ALL wecome - see here for more information and to get your tickets!
- Healing Our Broken Village Conference on 26 October
- #Upliftingimage Digital Photography Prizewinner announcement ceremony on 31 October
- Recovery College courses for staff, patients, their carers and family throughout the month
- Trust podcast series for Mental Health Month – weekly conversations and interviews with staff members who will talk about: working in mental health and issues in their field.
- Pop-up ‘Problem Solving Booths’ across Tooting, Kingston and Richmond co-hosted with Hestia’s Recovery Café
- Mindfulness Workshops: For 6 weeks, our Trust will deliver mindulfness workshops to staff across all 5 boroughs by our Mindfulness trainer
#Upliftingimage Digital Photography Competition
We are running our popular #upliftingimage’ competition again for 2017. The theme for this year’s competition is ‘mental health through your lens’. (Enter Here)
We hope to again get people in the community talking about mental health in a positive way – so we are looking for images (it can be photographs, paintings or drawings) that you have produced that promote positive mental health.
Each year we run our digital photography competition #upliftingimage which is open to everyone living across our five boroughs - Sutton, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth.
This is your chance to talk positively about mental health and go into the running to win a prize. The idea is to inspire, explore and talk about it. It’s easy to enter – just upload your image (it has to be one that you own and have produced or created) and tell us why it promotes positive mental health.
The competition will be ongoing throughout the year until October and is open to the public, local schools and staff members across south west London.
The closing date for entries is 10 October and you can submit your entry here. Prizes will be available for the best entries during Mental Health Month.
If you have any queries about mental health month or would like to collaborate on events next year, please email communications@email@example.com.